Time in Santorini, Greece
Time changes in Santorini are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Santorini, and falls back one hour in the fall for Santorini. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Santorini to improve its tourism and depend less on Santorini's electricity supplies.
The exact time in Santorini is based on the time zones for Santorini. We will always try to give you the exact time for Santorini. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Santorini might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Current time and weather in Santorini, Greece in other languages
Time changes DST in Santorini
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Santorini during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in Santorini starts on:: Sunday 29 March 2015 00:00 (DST) UTC/GMT +3h
- Daylight Saving Time in Santorini ends on: Sunday 25 October 2015 02:00 (STD) UTC/GMT +2h
Sunrise and sunset times in Santorini
Sunrise in Santorini is at 07:24:04 and sunset time in Santorini is at 17:37:03.
- Length of the day in Santorini is 10:13 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 06:56:41 and ends at 18:04:26 hours
- Nautical twilight in Santorini begins at 06:25:32 and ends at 18:35:35 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Santorini begins at 05:54:59 and ends at 19:06:08 hours.
Santorini coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Santorini in the map of the world?
- Santorini's latitude: 36° 23' N
- Santorini's longitude: 25° 27' E