Time in Santiago, Chile
The exact time in Santiago is based on the time zones for Santiago. We will always try to give you the exact time for Santiago. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Santiago might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in Santiago are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Santiago, and falls back one hour in the fall for Santiago. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Santiago to improve its tourism and depend less on Santiago's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in Santiago, Chile in other languages
Time changes DST in Santiago
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Santiago during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in Santiago starts on:: -
- Daylight Saving Time in Santiago ends on: Sunday 26 April 2015 01:00 (STD) UTC/GMT -3h
Sunrise and sunset times in Santiago
Sunrise in Santiago is at 08:36:09 and sunset time in Santiago is at 18:43:53.
- Length of the day in Santiago is 10:08 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 08:09:09 and ends at 19:10:53 hours
- Nautical twilight in Santiago begins at 07:38:32 and ends at 19:41:30 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Santiago begins at 07:08:34 and ends at 20:11:28 hours.
Santiago coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Santiago in the map of the world?
- Santiago's latitude: 33° 27' S
- Santiago's longitude: 70° 40' W