Time in Texas, United States
Time changes in Texas are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Texas, and falls back one hour in the fall for Texas. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Texas to improve its tourism and depend less on Texas's electricity supplies.
The exact time in Texas is based on the time zones for Texas. We will always try to give you the exact time for Texas. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Texas might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Current time and weather in Texas, United States in other languages
Time changes DST in Texas
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Texas during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in Texas starts on:: Sunday 08 March 2015 07:00 (DST) UTC/GMT -5h
- Daylight Saving Time in Texas ends on: Sunday 01 November 2015 08:00 (STD) UTC/GMT -6h
Sunrise and sunset times in Texas
Sunrise in Texas is at 07:32:37 and sunset time in Texas is at 18:06:20.
- Length of the day in Texas is 11:34 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 07:07:01 and ends at 18:31:56 hours
- Nautical twilight in Texas begins at 06:37:44 and ends at 19:01:13 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Texas begins at 06:08:55 and ends at 19:30:03 hours.
Texas coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Texas in the map of the world?
- Texas's latitude: 31° 15' N
- Texas's longitude: 99° 15' W