Time in Quito, Ecuador
Time changes in Quito are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Quito, and falls back one hour in the fall for Quito. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Quito to improve its tourism and depend less on Quito's electricity supplies.
The exact time in Quito is based on the time zones for Quito. We will always try to give you the exact time for Quito. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Quito might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes DST in Quito
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Quito during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in Quito starts on:: -
- Daylight Saving Time in Quito ends on: -
Sunrise and sunset times in Quito
Sunrise in Quito is at 06:23:00 and sunset time in Quito is at 18:30:08.
- Length of the day in Quito is 12:07 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 06:02:13 and ends at 18:50:56 hours
- Nautical twilight in Quito begins at 05:37:58 and ends at 19:15:11 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Quito begins at 05:13:43 and ends at 19:39:26 hours.
Quito coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Quito in the map of the world?
- Quito's latitude: 0° 13' S
- Quito's longitude: 78° 30' W