Time in Papeete, French Polynesia
The exact time in Papeete is based on the time zones for Papeete. We will always try to give you the exact time for Papeete. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Papeete might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in Papeete are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Papeete, and falls back one hour in the fall for Papeete. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Papeete to improve its tourism and depend less on Papeete's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in Papeete, French Polynesia in other languages
Time changes DST in Papeete
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Papeete during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in Papeete starts on:: -
- Daylight Saving Time in Papeete ends on: -
Sunrise and sunset times in Papeete
Sunrise in Papeete is at 06:12:44 and sunset time in Papeete is at 17:37:03.
- Length of the day in Papeete is 11:24 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 05:50:13 and ends at 17:59:34 hours
- Nautical twilight in Papeete begins at 05:24:12 and ends at 18:25:35 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Papeete begins at 04:58:22 and ends at 18:51:25 hours.
Papeete coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Papeete in the map of the world?
- Papeete's latitude: 17° 31' S
- Papeete's longitude: 149° 34' W