Time in Oaxaca, Mexico
The exact time in Oaxaca is based on the time zones for Oaxaca. We will always try to give you the exact time for Oaxaca. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Oaxaca might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in Oaxaca are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Oaxaca, and falls back one hour in the fall for Oaxaca. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Oaxaca to improve its tourism and depend less on Oaxaca's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in Oaxaca, Mexico in other languages
Time changes DST in Oaxaca
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Oaxaca during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in Oaxaca starts on:: Sunday 05 April 2015 02:00 (DST) UTC/GMT -5h
- Daylight Saving Time in Oaxaca ends on: Sunday 25 October 2015 02:00 (STD) UTC/GMT -6h
Sunrise and sunset times in Oaxaca
Sunrise in Oaxaca is at 06:51:53 and sunset time in Oaxaca is at 19:53:26.
- Length of the day in Oaxaca is 13:02 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 06:28:25 and ends at 20:16:53 hours
- Nautical twilight in Oaxaca begins at 06:00:39 and ends at 20:44:40 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Oaxaca begins at 05:32:12 and ends at 21:13:07 hours.
Oaxaca coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Oaxaca in the map of the world?
- Oaxaca's latitude: 16° 53' N
- Oaxaca's longitude: 96° 24' W