Time in New York, United States
The exact time in New York is based on the time zones for New York. We will always try to give you the exact time for New York. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for New York might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in New York are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for New York, and falls back one hour in the fall for New York. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps New York to improve its tourism and depend less on New York's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in New York, United States in other languages
Time changes DST in New York
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in New York during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in New York starts on:: Sunday 08 March 2015 02:00 (DST) UTC/GMT -4h
- Daylight Saving Time in New York ends on: Sunday 01 November 2015 02:00 (STD) UTC/GMT -5h
Sunrise and sunset times in New York
Sunrise in New York is at 05:30:08 and sunset time in New York is at 20:15:43.
- Length of the day in New York is 15:46 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 04:58:04 and ends at 20:47:47 hours
- Nautical twilight in New York begins at 04:17:42 and ends at 21:28:10 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in New York begins at 03:31:36 and ends at 22:14:16 hours.
New York coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of New York in the map of the world?
- New York's latitude: 40° 44' N
- New York's longitude: 73° 59' W