Time in New York, United States
The exact time in New York is based on the time zones for New York. We will always try to give you the exact time for New York. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for New York might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in New York are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for New York, and falls back one hour in the fall for New York. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps New York to improve its tourism and depend less on New York's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in New York, United States in other languages
Time changes DST in New York
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in New York during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in New York starts on:: Sunday 08 March 2015 01:00 (DST) UTC/GMT -4h
- Daylight Saving Time in New York ends on: Sunday 01 November 2015 01:00 (STD) UTC/GMT -5h
Sunrise and sunset times in New York
Sunrise in New York is at 07:02:25 and sunset time in New York is at 18:23:07.
- Length of the day in New York is 11:21 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 06:35:04 and ends at 18:50:28 hours
- Nautical twilight in New York begins at 06:03:22 and ends at 19:22:10 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in New York begins at 05:31:36 and ends at 19:53:56 hours.
New York coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of New York in the map of the world?
- New York's latitude: 40° 44' N
- New York's longitude: 73° 59' W
Hotels to stay and book in New York, United States
If you are travelling for vacations to New York and looking for to book a hotel at a good price, click on the hotels links below to find more information and details. You will find hotel rooms prices, payment methods, location and opening hours, that will help you booking the best hotel in New York for your budget during your vacations.
Events in New York
- NBA 2015-2016: New York Knicks vs Atlanta Hawks - Thursday 29 October 2015
- NBA 2015-2016: New York Knicks vs San Antonio Spurs - Monday 02 November 2015
- NBA 2015-2016: New York Knicks vs Milwaukee Bucks - Friday 06 November 2015
- NBA 2015-2016: New York Knicks vs Los Angeles Lakers - Sunday 08 November 2015
- NBA 2015-2016: New York Knicks vs Cleveland Cavaliers - Friday 13 November 2015
- NBA 2015-2016: New York Knicks vs New Orleans Pelicans - Sunday 15 November 2015
- NBA 2015-2016: New York Knicks vs Charlotte Hornets - Tuesday 17 November 2015