Time in Madrid, Spain
The exact time in Madrid is based on the time zones for Madrid. We will always try to give you the exact time for Madrid. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Madrid might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in Madrid are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Madrid, and falls back one hour in the fall for Madrid. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Madrid to improve its tourism and depend less on Madrid's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in Madrid, Spain in other languages
Time changes DST in Madrid
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Madrid during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in Madrid starts on:: Sunday 29 March 2015 02:00 (DST) UTC/GMT +2h
- Daylight Saving Time in Madrid ends on: Sunday 25 October 2015 03:00 (STD) UTC/GMT +1h
Sunrise and sunset times in Madrid
Sunrise in Madrid is at 06:48:19 and sunset time in Madrid is at 21:35:47.
- Length of the day in Madrid is 15:47 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 06:16:16 and ends at 22:07:51 hours
- Nautical twilight in Madrid begins at 05:35:52 and ends at 22:48:15 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Madrid begins at 04:49:39 and ends at 23:34:28 hours.
Madrid coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Madrid in the map of the world?
- Madrid's latitude: 40° 24' N
- Madrid's longitude: 3° 40' W