Time in London, United Kingdom
The exact time in London is based on the time zones for London. We will always try to give you the exact time for London. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for London might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in London are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for London, and falls back one hour in the fall for London. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps London to improve its tourism and depend less on London's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in London, United Kingdom in other languages
Time changes DST in London
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in London during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in London starts on:: Sunday 29 March 2015 01:00 (DST) UTC/GMT +1h
- Daylight Saving Time in London ends on: Sunday 25 October 2015 02:00 (STD) UTC/GMT 0h
Sunrise and sunset times in London
Sunrise in London is at 05:43:34 and sunset time in London is at 18:27:19.
- Length of the day in London is 13:44 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 05:09:59 and ends at 19:00:54 hours
- Nautical twilight in London begins at 04:29:37 and ends at 19:41:16 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in London begins at 03:46:48 and ends at 20:24:05 hours.
London coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of London in the map of the world?
- London's latitude: 51° 30' N
- London's longitude: 0° 7' W