Time in Islas Canarias,
The exact time in Islas Canarias is based on the time zones for Islas Canarias. We will always try to give you the exact time for Islas Canarias. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Islas Canarias might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in Islas Canarias are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Islas Canarias, and falls back one hour in the fall for Islas Canarias. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Islas Canarias to improve its tourism and depend less on Islas Canarias's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in Islas Canarias in other languages
Time changes DST in Islas Canarias
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Islas Canarias during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in Islas Canarias starts on:: Sunday 29 March 2015 01:00 (DST) UTC/GMT +1h
- Daylight Saving Time in Islas Canarias ends on: Sunday 25 October 2015 02:00 (STD) UTC/GMT 0h
Sunrise and sunset times in Islas Canarias
Sunrise in Islas Canarias is at 07:06:04 and sunset time in Islas Canarias is at 20:53:08.
- Length of the day in Islas Canarias is 14:47 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 06:39:50 and ends at 21:19:22 hours
- Nautical twilight in Islas Canarias begins at 06:08:11 and ends at 21:51:01 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Islas Canarias begins at 05:34:48 and ends at 22:24:24 hours.
Islas Canarias coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Islas Canarias in the map of the world?
- Islas Canarias's latitude: 0° 0' N
- Islas Canarias's longitude: 15° 30' W