Time in Islas Canarias, Spain
The exact time in Islas Canarias is based on the time zones for Islas Canarias. We will always try to give you the exact time for Islas Canarias. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Islas Canarias might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in Islas Canarias are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Islas Canarias, and falls back one hour in the fall for Islas Canarias. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Islas Canarias to improve its tourism and depend less on Islas Canarias's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in Islas Canarias, Spain in other languages
Time changes DST in Islas Canarias
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Islas Canarias during 2014:
- Daylight Saving Time in Islas Canarias starts on:: Sunday 30 March 2014 00:00 (DST) UTC/GMT +1h
- Daylight Saving Time in Islas Canarias ends on: Sunday 26 October 2014 02:00 (STD) UTC/GMT 0h
Sunrise and sunset times in Islas Canarias
Sunrise in Islas Canarias is at 07:47:51 and sunset time in Islas Canarias is at 18:10:02.
- Length of the day in Islas Canarias is 10:22 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 07:22:11 and ends at 18:35:43 hours
- Nautical twilight in Islas Canarias begins at 06:52:54 and ends at 19:05:00 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Islas Canarias begins at 06:24:10 and ends at 19:33:44 hours.
Islas Canarias coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Islas Canarias in the map of the world?
- Islas Canarias's latitude: 0° 0' N
- Islas Canarias's longitude: 15° 30' W