Time in Houston, United States
The exact time in Houston is based on the time zones for Houston. We will always try to give you the exact time for Houston. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Houston might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in Houston are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Houston, and falls back one hour in the fall for Houston. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Houston to improve its tourism and depend less on Houston's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in Houston, United States in other languages
Time changes DST in Houston
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Houston during 2014:
- Daylight Saving Time in Houston starts on:: Sunday 09 March 2014 07:00 (DST) UTC/GMT -5h
- Daylight Saving Time in Houston ends on: Sunday 02 November 2014 08:00 (STD) UTC/GMT -6h
Sunrise and sunset times in Houston
Sunrise in Houston is at 07:12:07 and sunset time in Houston is at 17:26:08.
- Length of the day in Houston is 10:14 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 06:45:55 and ends at 17:52:20 hours
- Nautical twilight in Houston begins at 06:16:06 and ends at 18:22:08 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Houston begins at 05:46:54 and ends at 18:51:20 hours.
Houston coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Houston in the map of the world?
- Houston's latitude: 29° 46' N
- Houston's longitude: 95° 23' W