Time in Fribourg, Switzerland
Time changes in Fribourg are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Fribourg, and falls back one hour in the fall for Fribourg. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Fribourg to improve its tourism and depend less on Fribourg's electricity supplies.
The exact time in Fribourg is based on the time zones for Fribourg. We will always try to give you the exact time for Fribourg. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Fribourg might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Current time and weather in Fribourg, Switzerland in other languages
Time changes DST in Fribourg
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Fribourg during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in Fribourg starts on:: Sunday 29 March 2015 00:00 (DST) UTC/GMT +2h
- Daylight Saving Time in Fribourg ends on: Sunday 25 October 2015 02:00 (STD) UTC/GMT +1h
Sunrise and sunset times in Fribourg
Sunrise in Fribourg is at 07:56:17 and sunset time in Fribourg is at 17:33:29.
- Length of the day in Fribourg is 10:37 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 07:23:55 and ends at 18:05:51 hours
- Nautical twilight in Fribourg begins at 06:47:30 and ends at 18:42:17 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Fribourg begins at 06:11:57 and ends at 19:17:49 hours.
Fribourg coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Fribourg in the map of the world?
- Fribourg's latitude: 46° 48' N
- Fribourg's longitude: 7° 9' E