Time in Florida, United States
The exact time in Florida is based on the time zones for Florida. We will always try to give you the exact time for Florida. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Florida might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in Florida are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Florida, and falls back one hour in the fall for Florida. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Florida to improve its tourism and depend less on Florida's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in Florida, United States in other languages
Time changes DST in Florida
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Florida during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in Florida starts on:: Sunday 08 March 2015 02:00 (DST) UTC/GMT -4h
- Daylight Saving Time in Florida ends on: Sunday 01 November 2015 02:00 (STD) UTC/GMT -5h
Sunrise and sunset times in Florida
Sunrise in Florida is at 06:44:20 and sunset time in Florida is at 19:19:39.
- Length of the day in Florida is 13:35 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 06:16:37 and ends at 19:47:21 hours
- Nautical twilight in Florida begins at 05:43:47 and ends at 20:20:11 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Florida begins at 05:09:58 and ends at 20:54:00 hours.
Florida coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Florida in the map of the world?
- Florida's latitude: 41° 19' N
- Florida's longitude: 74° 21' W