Time in California, United States
The exact time in California is based on the time zones for California. We will always try to give you the exact time for California. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for California might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in California are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for California, and falls back one hour in the fall for California. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps California to improve its tourism and depend less on California's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in California, United States in other languages
Time changes DST in California
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in California during 2014:
- Daylight Saving Time in California starts on:: Sunday 09 March 2014 09:00 (DST) UTC/GMT -7h
- Daylight Saving Time in California ends on: Sunday 02 November 2014 10:00 (STD) UTC/GMT -8h
Sunrise and sunset times in California
Sunrise in California is at 07:09:08 and sunset time in California is at 16:45:02.
- Length of the day in California is 10:36 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 06:40:05 and ends at 17:14:05 hours
- Nautical twilight in California begins at 06:07:24 and ends at 17:46:47 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in California begins at 05:35:38 and ends at 18:18:32 hours.
California coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of California in the map of the world?
- California's latitude: 37° 15' N
- California's longitude: 119° 45' W