Time in Atlanta, United States
The exact time in Atlanta is based on the time zones for Atlanta. We will always try to give you the exact time for Atlanta. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Atlanta might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Time changes in Atlanta are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Atlanta, and falls back one hour in the fall for Atlanta. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Atlanta to improve its tourism and depend less on Atlanta's electricity supplies.
Current time and weather in Atlanta, United States in other languages
Time changes DST in Atlanta
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Atlanta during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in Atlanta starts on:: Sunday 08 March 2015 02:00 (DST) UTC/GMT -4h
- Daylight Saving Time in Atlanta ends on: Sunday 01 November 2015 02:00 (STD) UTC/GMT -5h
Sunrise and sunset times in Atlanta
Sunrise in Atlanta is at 06:31:26 and sunset time in Atlanta is at 20:36:50.
- Length of the day in Atlanta is 14:05 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 06:03:25 and ends at 21:04:51 hours
- Nautical twilight in Atlanta begins at 05:29:13 and ends at 21:39:02 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Atlanta begins at 04:52:27 and ends at 22:15:49 hours.
Atlanta coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Atlanta in the map of the world?
- Atlanta's latitude: 33° 48' N
- Atlanta's longitude: 84° 21' W