Time in Alabama, United States
Time changes in Alabama are usually done to adapt citizen and tourist activity to the solar cycle. This allows for greater usage of daylight, reducing dependency on electricity. That is why the time is sent ahead one hour in the spring for Alabama, and falls back one hour in the fall for Alabama. Adding an extra hour of daylight helps Alabama to improve its tourism and depend less on Alabama's electricity supplies.
The exact time in Alabama is based on the time zones for Alabama. We will always try to give you the exact time for Alabama. There might be slight differences, since the time zones for Alabama might change due to daylight savings time (DST).
Current time and weather in Alabama, United States in other languages
Time changes DST in Alabama
Each country perform its time change according to the Daylight Saving Time rules on a different day of the year, which can or not match with the beginning of the summer. That is why we recommend you to check out the time change dates to stay up to date.
These are the time change dates in Alabama during 2015:
- Daylight Saving Time in Alabama starts on:: Sunday 08 March 2015 07:00 (DST) UTC/GMT -5h
- Daylight Saving Time in Alabama ends on: Sunday 01 November 2015 08:00 (STD) UTC/GMT -6h
Sunrise and sunset times in Alabama
Sunrise in Alabama is at 06:32:02 and sunset time in Alabama is at 16:21:12.
- Length of the day in Alabama is 10:49 hours
- Civil twilight begins at 06:01:43 and ends at 16:51:31 hours
- Nautical twilight in Alabama begins at 05:27:29 and ends at 17:25:45 hours.
- Astronomical twilight in Alabama begins at 04:54:01 and ends at 17:59:13 hours.
Alabama coordinates and location in the world
Which are latitude and longitude coordinates of Alabama in the map of the world?
- Alabama's latitude: 43° 5' N
- Alabama's longitude: 78° 23' W